EUROPEAN REPAIR NETWORK
An umbrella network for cities that are committed to decrease the still growing mountain of waste from electric and electronic devices by encouraging and promoting repair. Our goal is to create an ever growing network of Repair Cities in Europe.
Interested in joining the network and becoming a repair city?
Conference 'repairing, a world of difference'
Within the European Sharepair project, we have been working on solutions to reduce the amount of e-waste and would like to share the project results with you in a series of conferences and workshops.
Please join us if you want to find out and discuss what we have realized so far and will continue to work on. Topics on the agenda:
- toolboxes for cities to encourage repair
- approaches to strengthen repair communities
- campaigns for changes at individual, societal and political level
- digital tools to make DIY, repair café or professional repair solutions more accessible, incl. work on (3D) spare parts
- long-term vision on the place and role of repair data as part of a more circular economy
See you on March 10th at Aula Magna in Louvain-la-Neuve from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Repair cities in Europe, a growing network
Discover how these cities are facilitating and supporting local repair:
The successful e-waste challenge with schools in Apeldoorn
How Leuven is developing an Urban Repair Center
Why did we initiate the Repair Cities Network?
The network was set up to ensure that all developments within Sharepair will stay available for new and existing members.
We also want to:
- create an umbrella network with interested cities;
- ensure that data about repair and data that facilitates repair will keep on being collected;
- encourage policy learning and policy influencing;
- facilitate the broader roll-out of the developed tools;
- extend the ‘lessons learned’ to other cities;
- raise awareness about repair;
- monitor the impact of repair;