What & why we process data
- When you use the Website and / or Services, we process personal data relating to you. Such personal data includes:
When? Use of the website
Which data? Identification data (email address)
Why (purpose)? Contact info to know who wants to be informed about the Open Urban Repair Network.
Legal basis? Performance of a task in the public interest
- To provide you with the information about products and services you request in a personalized and efficient manner, either through the Website, email, telephone or social media channels
- To process your personal data so that we can provide the Services.
- For direct marketing purposes, i.e. to provide you with targeted communications, promotions, offers and other advertisements from us or our selected partners. We will ask for your prior consent for this.
- To perform statistical analyses to improve our Website and / or Services, or to develop new products or services.
- To provide to a financial institution or payment service provider, to enable your financial institution and the payment service provider to comply with their legal obligations.
- To hand over to the police or judicial authorities as evidence of possible crime or if there are well-founded suspicions of a tort or crime committed by you through your registration with or use of the Website or the Services.
- In the context of a possible merger with, acquisition of / by or division by a third party, even if that third party is located outside the EEA.
- If and when your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services could be considered (a) a violation of the terms or conditions or the intellectual property rights or any other right of a third party, (b) a threat to security or integrity of the Services, (c) a threat to the Website or Services or systems of ours or our subcontractors due to viruses, Trojans, spyware, malware, or any other form of malicious code, or (d) is therefore illegal or unlawful, discriminatory or offensive, we may process your data in the interest of ourselves, our partners or third parties.
Who do we share data with
- We do not transmit your personal data in an identifiable manner to third parties if this is not required to provide the Services, without your express consent.
- We may call on external processors to provide you with the Website and / or Services. We ensure that third-party processors may only process your personal data on our behalf and on our written instruction. We guarantee that all external processors are selected with due care so that we can count on the security and integrity of your personal data.
- We may transfer anonymized and / or aggregated data to other organizations who can use this data to improve products and services and to tailor the marketing, presentation and sale of products and services.
Where we process data
- We and our external processors will only process your identifiable personal data in the EEA.
- We may transfer your anonymised and / or aggregated data to organizations outside the EEA. If such a transfer takes place, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data, and that all rights in relation to personal data that you might enjoy under applicable mandatory law are guaranteed.
How we process data
- We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe from unauthorized access or theft, and against accidental loss, manipulation or destruction.
- Access by our staff or staff of our third party processors is only possible on a need-to-know basis and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations. However, you understand that the concern for safety and security is only best efforts obligations, which can never be guaranteed.
- You have the right to request access to all personal data that we process about you. However, requests for access that are apparently made with a view to causing nuisance or harm to us will not be processed.
- You have the right to request that any personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If you have registered on our Website, you can correct much of this information yourself via your profile. If such a request is made, you must also enclose with this request proof that the personal data for which correction is requested are incorrect.
- You have the right to withdraw your previously given consent to the processing of your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Instead of deletion, you can also request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the accuracy of that data, (b) the processing is unlawful or (c) the data is no longer necessary for the stated purposes , but you need them to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data if you can demonstrate that there are serious and justified reasons related to special circumstances and justifying such objection. However, if the intended processing is classified as direct marketing, you have the right to object to such processing free of charge and without justification.
- When your personal data is processed on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract and the processing is done by automated means, you have the right to receive the personal data you provide to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically possible, you have the right to transmit this data directly to another service provider. The technical feasibility of this is exclusively assessed by us.
- If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the above rights, please send an email to email@example.com. This request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. It must also be dated, signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid ID card proving your identity. We will immediately notify you of receipt of such request. If the application proves to be well-founded, we will grant it as soon as reasonably possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the application.
- If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by us, you can always contact us via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still dissatisfied with our answer, you are free to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority, the Belgian Privacy Commission. For more information, go to http://www.privacycommission.be.