Repairing, a world of difference
The Sharepair project (2020-2023) organised its final event on 10th of March 2023 in Louvain-la-Neuve.
The event, which was attended by around 100 people (as well as around 200 people online), highlighted the various tools put in place as part of the project. It also highlighted the opportunities and challenges faced by the repair sector.
During the event, repair volunteers from Repair Together were present to repair electrical or electronic devices. Cyréo proposed a second-hand shop open to all !
Find on this page the videos of the different sessions.
Repair, what is in it for cities?
- Introduction : What is the city repair toolkit and how to use it?
- Three toolkit actions in the spotlight :
- Facilitating an Urban Repair Centre by Liene Blancke – City of Leuven
- Launch a city repair website by Stephanie Heylands – Statik
- Promoting repair in the city by Sophie Dewaele - Testaankoop/Testachats
Repair Policy : what is happening and what should be coming next ?
- Simona Staikova - van Bommel, DG Justice & Consumers, European Commission
- Insights from research, key priorities by Yoko Dams - Vito
- Repair policy updates at Belgian level by Rosalie Heens - Repair & Share
- Approved EU repair policies and remaining gaps by Ugo Vallauri - The Restart Project/ European Right to Repair campaign
- Malte Gallee, Member of the European Parliament
Scaling up repair with data & business models
- What is the Open Repair Data Platform by Agustín García Pereira - National University of Ireland, Galway
- The value of repair data in the bigger (European) picture by Sirus
- A possible application 'the repair observatory' by Yoko Dams - Vito
- Scaling up with new business models Alex Bunodière - KULeuven
Opportunities and challenges for the repair community
Perspectives from the repair community on the tools and practices developed in the Sharepair Project. What have we learned about the opportunities and challenges to strengthen the repair community ?
- Simon Frémineur - Repair Together
- James Pickstone - The Restart Project
- Rosalie Heens - Repair&Share
Perspectives and Long-Term Vision
- Sara Matthieu, Member of European Parliament (MEP)
- Zakia Khattabi, Federal Minister of Climate, the Environment, Sustainable Development and Green Deal (Belgium)
- Thomas Van Oppens, Deputy Mayor of Waste Management, City of Leuven
- Philippe Delvaux, Alderman for Budget, Environment, Rural affairs, Digital & Administrative simplification, City of Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve